Monday, June 24, 2013

Day 9: South Korean-U.S. Alliance Concert and Food Poisoning


Today we were invited to attend a concert hosted by the Korean and U.S. Army to celebrate the alliance held between these two great nations. It highlighted the U.S. entering the Korean War to support South Korea. There were a series of incredible performances by very talented artist, the world's best harmonica player, a comical tight rope performer, and the very talented army orchestras. During this performance I was happy to see both the U.S. and South Korean flags hanging from the top of the stage. I'm very proud to say that I am a Korean-American.

On another note, I had food poisoning (식중독) from yesterday, but it's okay!  I've prepared myself mentally for the worse when it comes to traveling. Also, I should have known better when I ate nearly a pound of raw fish yesterday. I usually have bad luck with food poisoning... Last year when I was living in China I had food poisoning three times and water poisoning once. In an unfortunate way I'm kind of used to it now!


This duet was performed in Korean and English.
Ethnic Dance



No comments:

Post a Comment