Sunday, June 30, 2013

Day 13: Traditional Korean Archery (국궁)



Today, like most days, was very hot in Wonju. After classes ended the students got together and left campus to learn some Traditional Korean Archery. We were instructed to wear long pants and close toed shoes. It's been getting hotter by the day and the humidity is beginning to pick up as well. Other than the heat, I have nothing else to complain about here. I'm having the time of my life!

South Korea is world famous for their archery teams in the Olympic games. Last summer South Korea took the gold medal for the women's individuals and team event, gold for the men's individuals, and bronze for the men's team event. 화이팅! Although it's not quite the same, it was still pretty exciting to shoot a bow in South Korea. With this being said, I never hit the target once haha. I guess I'm not meant to become a professional archer. 



3 comments:

  1. Hello :)
    Im just visitor. While I searched 'CLS yonsei university' I came here. Im so sorry that I read your personal writing but Im so impressed by reading yours. Im now chearing u and ur korean life :)
    Im in yonsei university too haha so nice to meet u. :D

    + Ummm... actually Korean Traditional Archery is not '영궁' but '양궁'. just recommend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi 바브링. It's really great to hear that you're enjoying reading my impressions on South Korea and how my time here is unfolding! I really appreciate the comment and hope you enjoy the rest of my post in the future.

      Thanks for the correction!!

      Delete
    2. I hope you enjoy your Korean life and have a good good time in Yonsei Wonju campus :) If you have a time, whenever contact me. Im satying in dorm and I can guide you in Seoul or Wonju. Im now expecting your post!

      Delete