Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Day 14-15: Seoul 서울 Part 1



This past Saturday and Sunday was spent checking out the capital of South Korea, Seoul. Many of you who personally know me may here me say that when you go to China, the last place you should go to is Beijing. I'd say that's it's pretty different here. I would definitely recommend giving Seoul a look. As usual, I was incredibly impressed by what South Korea has to offer from its capital. Seoul is incredibly advance and is also internationally friendly. The subway, bus, and taxi systems are well established and quite sophisticated. People are actually quiet in the bus and subway systems. Also, everywhere you go has free wifi, including the subways. In Seoul, I had a chance to walk around Itaewon (이태원동), a robustly international component of the city. There I had the chance to go to a famous dumpling restaurant that was owned by native Chinese, and I also got to speak a little Mandarin with them! Afterwards we visited the biggest biggest Mosque in Seoul. Following this exciting trip we rode a water taxi along the Han River and got to have a nice river side view of the bustling city. 

In the two days I was in Seoul I realized that it was far to big to cover in such a short amount of time. Seoul is dear to me because it's the capital of South Korea, but also because it's where my Dad is from. In the two and a half weeks I've been in South Korea I've had to opportunity to visited the two cities both of my parents grew up in. This country is has too much to offer, but I don't have enough time to see all of it. 




P.S. If you wish to see all the pictures I have taken so far, please feel free to view my Facebook albums!

1 comment:

  1. Find out more about how Infocabs can benefit your business, staff and customers.Taxi Dispatch Systems

    ReplyDelete